The Burlington Centaurs Rugby Football Club are currently searching for a head coach for the 2019 season. The Burlington Centaurs Senior Women’s team competes in the Niagara Rugby Union A division. The Centaurs home is Sherwood Forest Park located in Burlington, ON.
The Senior Women’s Head Coach will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- To recruit potential players from high schools, colleges and universities
- To identify and develop the talents of players
- To promote Burlington Centaurs RFC through on-field performance
- To create an effective game plan, based on the opposing team and available players
- To execute the game plan on game day
- To organize practice sessions that develop technical, tactical and mental aspects of the game
- To ensure that coaching sessions facilitate team and athlete development
- To create a positive and enjoyable team culture
- To develop a coaching environment that contributes to athlete development on and off the field
- To ensure the health and safety of the athletes at all times
The Head Coach will also have to demonstrate the ability to work effectively with fellow coaches, the club Executive, volunteers and captains. The Head Coach will work with the Director-Women’s Game to select the coaching staff.
The position of Head Coach will report to the Director-Women’s Game.
- Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
- Experience working with senior rugby teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the development of the team and individual performance
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in fast paced and flexible environments
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrates a coaching philosophy that aligns with the club and other teams
- Personally Accountable
- Excels in working in a team environment
- Effective planner and organizer