We are expecting and planning for a big year with growth in numbers at the club, having completed highly successful programs for HS aged athletes (Centaurs Academy) and Minis/Juniors (Winter Indoor Rugby). As I always say, looking forward to welcoming new friends and old alike! Spread the word about the program and the club!
- Fee information and registration for U7 and up at: http://centaursrfc.com/registration/
- Note on U5s: Pre-register for U5s with player name, DOB and parent contact details to this email or firstname.lastname@example.org U5 registration and fee payment at the club in May (date TBD)
- Start Date: May 7th, subject to weather and post-winter field conditions.
- Training & Details: May to August
Minis – Coed:
- Training Monday and Wednesday 6pm to 7pm
- Non-contact: U7, U9, Intro to contact: U11, U13
Super Minis – Coed: Weekly Mondays, no official games.
- U5 (3 and 4 year olds), play based program.
- More advanced players always welcome to participate with the U7s.
Junior Rugby – Boys and Girls
- U15/U17/U19 Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Game schedule TBD
Registration includes: festival fees (plus player lunch on festival days) and uniform (shirt, shorts, socks).
Needed: Basic field, rugby or soccer shoes, mouth guard (all ages U7 and up).
- Game and Event Details:
FESTIVALS: U7, U9, U11:
- 8 to 10 festival-style tournaments on scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Three games between 9am to 12PM
- Usual locations: Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton, Brantford, Toronto/GTA.
- Full scheduled TBD and shared ASAP.
ADDITIONAL GAMES: U7, U9, U11:
- Planned once monthly friendly versus local clubs at Burlington during practice time.
JUNIOR GAMES: U13, U15, U17, U19
- Regular schedule of games, on a pre-determined day (TBD).
- Some travel to games within region + opportunities for tournaments,
- Other Activities:
PARENTS PUB TIME: Open pub planned for key nights – dates TBD.
PARENT V KIDS GAME + AWARDS SOCIAL: End of the year social with food, cake and snacks, plus player recognition awards.
SENIOR RUGBY EVENTS: The club usually hosts a couple of high-level games among touring sides and provincial teams during the season and mini players and families are always welcome.
Extended Season + Events:
- Continued training in September and October for minis (U5, U7, U9, U11, U13)
- No tournaments, but 1 or 2 game nights possible (TBD)
- SUMMER CAMP (TBD @ additional registration): We are developing a BCRFC summer camp with Kids Play Sports, Burlington! Details to follows
- SANTA PARADE (DECEMBER): Participate in the parade with the club by decorating and tiding the float with the club Santaurs!
- EASTER EGG HUNT (APRIL): The Easter bunny comes to visit with a field wide hunt and hot chocolate at the club pub.
- CENTAURS ACADEMY (OCT – MAR @ additional registration): Winter skills training for high performance high school athletes.
- WINTER INDOOR RUGBY (JAN – MAR): U5 to U13 indoor rugby skills training
Please reach out with any questions, cheers!
Director of Junior Development
Burlington Centaurs – RFC